Monday, July 15, 2013

Second Project

So Mauro is really trying to break me out of my 42 years of commercial photography head space. He has no idea how difficult this will be for him... and me. He's really trying to disconnect my brain and jump start my heart. 
For this project I am using a macro lens with very limited focus to relate to my super focus on one thing to the exclusion of everything else around me.
Also, people with ADD need to hold something in their hands as they look at it to have it enter their brains. The spoken word has no effect on us. Give us something (like an advertising layout) let me hold onto it and look at it and I will understand it. To that end I was tasked with capturing that connection between super focus, my hands and things that touch me emotionally. 

I bought this Harley Davidson leather jacket back in 1973. It doesn't even fit anymore but I feel a little heart tug every time I touch it.

Back in the mid 70's I bought leather camera bags (purses?) from a little shop on Greenwich Street in the Village. They only cost around $40.00 and held a Nikon F with three lenses. No one knew there were cameras in there. I love those bags. 

I was raised learning the piano. There was a real love / hate relationship there but one thing I really love is the glass ball claw foot piano stools. My sister and I used to turn it upside down, twirl it and the winner was closest to the glass ball with the bubble in it.

Since I was a kid, and every day I carried my portfolio around in NYC, I would buy a box of Good n Plenty. Ummmmm.

I have always had 6-8 cups of black coffee every day. That plus 20mg of Ritalin get me going and keep me from blurting things out without thinking. I love black coffee. 

There's no more hate for the piano. There is only love now that the lessons are long gone.

I love my wife and not only because she is a great cook!

These are most of the images from the second attempt. As I look at them, I think they are closer but I still may be thinking too much. It's hard not to.


No comments:

Post a Comment